Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 19th, 2010

Monday, July 19, 2010 (793 km) slept in a bit this morning and thought we would enjoy a KOA breakfast but it was too expensive and would have taken too much time. So, we had an oatmeal bar and off we went to hand in our Kabin key....that was when the expensive losses of the day began. I left my glasses by the cabin and when I went back to look for them I found a pair of crushed prescription glasses. My only pair for the trip. Pissed off I was but Cheryl said don’t worry. She gave me an extra pair of sunglasses and I could see but not the way my driver’s license says. We also gave our camping chairs to some kids....off loading some extra weight and things are not using.

Stopped at a little diner in Lewiston, Montana for breakfast and I bought a cool pair of shades. Very cloudy day and off in the distance we could see rain...the wind was a killer today and with that said, I was wearing my Contour HD1080p helmet cam for some dumb reason and going 140km/hr with high winds, my cam and mount blew off. Cheryl saw it leave my head and we went back to take a look at the carnage. The cam was intact but the 16GB card and battery tossed out. Cam is out of commission. Chalk it up to me losing a lot of $$ today and Cheryl thinking to herself, “thank God it wasn’t me!”

WE had to pull over to the side of the road to pee and change into our rain liners. It was a high of 22 Celsius but was over cast and cool. Got rained on a bit but not much and headed to Devil’s Tower in Wyoming. We were determined to get out of that HUGE state of Montana and we did. Another KOA set up our tent in high winds and went to eat. Cheryl never saw Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind and the Tower is freaking her out. We hope to wake early and get a good start on the day but stopping at Mount Rushmore before we carry on to NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment